Chicken with Creamy Bacon Sauce
- 1 tsbp Olive Oil
- 4 boneless Chicken Thigh fillets discard the skin before eating if you're watching the calories!
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 200 ml Chicken stock
- 4 strips Bacon cooked, fat drained off, and chopped into small chunks
- 1 Lemon thinly sliced
- 100 ml Crème Fraiche
- 2 Spring Onions chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Generously season the chicken then place skin side down into the hot pan. Cover the pan then cook for about 5-7 minutes covered, without turning - check occasionally to make sure the skin is browning nicely. When it's crisp and golden remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add the garlic and a small amount of stock to deglaze the pan - cook for a minute then add the remaining stock and half of the bacon.
- Once that's warmed through put the chicken back into the pan and arrange a few lemon slices around each thigh. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and lemon slices from the pan then add in the crème fraiche - bring back to a simmer and mix everything well, including any crispy bits from the bottom of the pan. As soon as it's simmering add the chicken back to warm it through.
- Serve the thighs covered with the sauce and sprinkled with the reserved bacon and spring onions. This is great served with mashed potatoes and a green vegetable of your choice.