Thai-spiced Sautéed Potatoes
The gentle, Thai-inspired seasoning on these potatoes makes a delicious change from the usual “salt and/or garlic and/or and herbs” approach that I would normally take.
- 500 g Potatoes
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 2 cm Ginger root peeled and crushed
- 25 g Creamed Coconut finely chopped
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- ½ tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 Spring Onions finely sliced
- 1 Lime zested
- Small Handful Fresh Coriander chopped
- Cut the potatoes into equal-sized chunks (keeping them fairly large) and put into a pan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes until almost, but not quite, cooked. Drain then allow to cool.
- Mix together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime zest and coconut. You should end up with a thick paste.
- When cooled, cut the potatoes into ½cm thick slices then pour over the spice mixture and stir well until thoroughly coated.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add in the potatoes and cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown on all sides and crispy. Towards the end of cooking add in the spring onions and chilli flakes and heat through.
- Serve sprinkled with the chopped coriander.