Tzatziki is an incredibly versatile accompaniment to any grilled meat dish - the cooling cucumber and yogurt also makes it a great partner for spicy food, as it can easily temper any excessive chilli heat.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- ½ Cucumber
- 2 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 200 g Natural Greek-style Yogurt
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp White Wine or Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Freshly Chopped Parsely
- 3 Freshly Chopped Mint Leaves
- 1 pinch Sea Salt Flakes
Halve the cucumber and scoop out the seeds. Finely chop the flesh and put into a bowl, before adding the other ingredients and mixing well. Chill until needed. (If you have time on your hands you can also grate the cucumber, though you will need to salt it and put it in a sieve over a bowl for the excess water to drain out. This will give a finer texture, but it's really up to you).