Chilli Lime Pork Kebabs
With a kick from dried chilli flakes and sharpness from a generous squeeze of lime juice, these spicy pork kebabs make for a perfect barbecue treat.
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1 Lime juice and zest
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 50 ml Chicken Stock or Broth
- 300 g Pork Fillet cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 Pepper any colour will do
Marinate the Pork
Mix together all of the marinade ingredients, except the pork, in a large bowl or zip-lock bag. Make sure they're well combined before adding in the pork and agitating until the meat is well coated. Put into the fridge and allow the flavours to develop for a couple of hours.
About 15 minutes before cooking remove the marinated pork from the fridge. Discard the marinade and thread the chunks of meat onto either metal or bamboo skewers* along with chunks of sweet bell pepper to add some colour and texture. Return to the fridge until needed for cooking.
These can be cooked either under the grill or over a barbecue. Either way they'll need around 10-15 minutes to cook through. Turn them regularly to ensure they cook evenly and don't burn too much.
When cooked serve with a green salad and a yogurt dip (especially if you have friends who aren't big fans of chilli!).
* - If you're using bamboo skewers make sure that they've been soaked in water for an hour beforehand to reduce the risk of them catching fire on the barbecue.
This nutritional information includes all of the marinade ingredients, many of which will be disposed of before cooking. As a result the cooked kebabs will likely have lower values across the board.