Honey Soy Pork Kebabs
These delicious Pork kebabs are given an Asian-Fusion twist thanks to fragrant ginger and garlic, alongside the salty soy sauce and sweet honey glaze.
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and crushed
- 3 cm Root Ginger peeled and grated
- 75 ml Light Soy Sauce Lower Salt if possible
- 2 tbsp Clear Honey
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 300 g Pork Fillet cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 Pepper any colour will do
Marinate the Pork
Mix together all of the marinade ingredients, except the pork, in a large bowl or zip-lock bag. Make sure they're well combined before adding in the pork and agitating until the meat is well coated. Put into the fridge and allow the flavours to develop for a couple of hours.
About 15 minutes before cooking remove the marinated pork from the fridge. Discard the marinade and thread the chunks of meat onto either metal or bamboo skewers* along with chunks of sweet bell pepper to add some colour and texture. Return to the fridge until needed for cooking.
These can be cooked either under the grill or over a barbecue. Either way they'll need around 10-15 minutes to cook through. Turn them regularly to ensure they cook evenly and don't burn too much.
When cooked serve with a summery salad, summery weather and summery clothes - just make sure you don't spill anything down yourself.
* - If you're using bamboo skewers make sure that they've been soaked in water for an hour beforehand to reduce the risk of them catching fire on the barbecue.
This nutritional information includes all of the marinade ingredients, many of which will be disposed of before cooking. As a result the cooked kebabs will likely have lower values across the board.