It may be the height of summer and it may be 25°C outside, but I don’t think it’s ever too warm for Roast Potatoes.
These Mini Roast Potatoes are cut into smaller pieces, around 3cm in size, so there’s no need to parboil them. They come out crisp, crunchy and pretty much perfect. They’re great served alongside a main meal, especially midweek when you don’t want too much faff but still want something tasty, but I suspect they’d make a great snack too. Put a bowl of these in the middle of the table with some alioli on the side and I can’t imagine they’d stick around for long!
Mini Roast Potatoes
- 500 g Maris Piper Potatoes peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Put a heavy baking tray into the oven as it heats to make sure it’s hot when you need it.
- Put the potatoes into a large bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix until the potatoes are well coated.
- Spread the prepared potatoes over the pre-heated baking tray and roast in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until crisp and golden brown. You will want to turn them a couple of times during cooked to ensure they cook evenly.
- Serve while they’re still nice and hot (and crunchy).
|Estimated Values per Serving|
|of which Saturates||2||g|
|of which Sugars||2||g|
|Note: Nutritional information shown is per serving of the above recipe. Any side dishes or garnishes shown in photos are not included in these values, unless they are specifically listed as part of the recipe.|