Sometimes you want to add a sauce to your meal that’s solid and earthy. Something that brings a strong foundation to the plate, rather than being a light attention seeker drizzled over the top. This Cauliflower Purée is exactly what you’re looking for.
Quick Cauliflower Purée
- 1 tbsp Butter
- ½ Onion peeled and finely chopped
- 150 g Cauliflower cut into small florets
- 100 ml Semi-skimmed Milk
- 2 tbsp Good Quality Mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 15-20 minutes until soft and caramelised.
- Meanwhile bring a pan of water to the boil, then add the cauliflower. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes until soft.
- Drain the cauliflower then press through a sieve into a bowl. I like it to be smooth but still retain some texture. Repeat with the caramelised onions then stir until fully combined.
- Pour in the milk, then add the mayonnaise, nutmeg and seasoning. Mix well then return the purée to the same pan you cooked the onions in earlier. Heat through then serve immediately.
|Estimated Values Per Serving|
|of which Saturates||3||g|
|of which Sugars||3||g|