I like to write a little introduction to most of my recipes, but in this case I think I’ll let the food do the talking – therefore, I present to you my Triple Chocolate Brownies.
Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 300 g Golden Caster Sugar
- 250 g Butter softened to room temperature
- 200 g Good Quality Dark Chocolate 65% cocoa to 75% cocoa
- 40 g Milk Chocolate cut into small chunks
- 40 g White Chocolate cut into small chunks
- 4 large Free Range Eggs beaten
- 75 g Plain Flour
- 75 g Good Quality Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a brownie pan with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and butter together for at least 5 minutes with an electric mixer – you want it to be light and fluffy.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water. Once melted, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile mix together the flour, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl and set to one side.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the mixing bowl with the sugar and butter mixture, then beat again until light and fluffy – it will look slightly aerated at this stage.
- Pour over the cooled, melted chocolate and fold the mixture together – don’t overwork it as you want to leep some air in the mixture. Then tip in the chocolate chunks and mix gently.
- Sift in the flour mixture then fold again until well combined – you’ll have a rich dark batter by the end of this process, which you can then pour into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until just cooked through. Check after 25 minutes with a skewer – you want it to come out without raw cake batter on it, but it doesn’t need to be clean like a sponge cake as it will continue to cook a little whilst it cools.
- Put the tin on a cooling rack but allow the brownie to cool in the tray. Once cooled, remove and cut into bars of your preferred size.
|Estimated Values per Serving|
|of which Saturates||12||g|
|of which Sugars||25||g|
|Note: Nutritional information shown is per serving of the above recipe. Any side dishes or garnishes shown in photos are not included in these values, unless they are specifically listed as part of the recipe.|