It’s always good to have a few “go to” recipes in your collection. You know the ones I mean, right? Those reliable meals that you can turn to when you don’t know what else to do for dinner. Or that you can make when you’ve forgotten to go to the shops and don’t have the time or energy.
This Universal Stir Fry Sauce is very much one of those recipes. It’s made with store cupboard ingredients, so can be made with next to no notice. That includes the ginger and garlic, as you can get good quality frozen versions that work well here. It’s simply a case of mixing them all together and using the sauce as needed with your favourite stir fry ingredients.
The name Universal isn’t a joke either. This sauce really does work with anything you add to your stir fry. The fresh, savoury flavour is a great companion for meat, poultry, seafood, tofu or even just plain vegetables. There really is no flavour it doesn’t enhance – well, in my experience at least. Let me know how you get on if you try it yourself.
Universal Stir Fry Sauce
- 4 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Concentrated Chicken Stock I use Knorr Touch of Taste
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp Fresh Root Ginger peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl then whisk until fully combined.
- If you have time cover the bowl and allow the flavours to develop in the fridge for an hour or two before cooking. However, you can also use the sauce straight away if needed.
|Estimated Values per Serving|
|of which Saturates||0||g|
|of which Sugars||3||g|
|Note: Nutritional information shown is per serving of the above recipe. Any side dishes or garnishes shown in photos are not included in these values, unless they are specifically listed as part of the recipe.|